The RWR 155 series of fully encapsulated, railway quality dc-dc converters deliver up to 150W output power. They meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. With a maximum input voltage surge withstand capability of 385Vdc for >1 second (3.5Vn for 20msec min.), they comfortably meet RIA12, the general specification for the protection of traction and rolling stock equipment from transients and surges in DC control systems. The units have heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2. The converters also meet EN 61000-4-2 (ESD), EN 61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN 61000-4-4 (Fast Transients), and EN 61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). Other protection features include 3000Vdc input-output isolation, reverse polarity protection, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting.
The converters accept 24Vdc (14.4-34V), 36Vdc (22-51V), 48Vdc (29-67V), 72Vdc (43-101V), 96Vdc (58-135V) or 110Vdc (66-154V) and deliver a single, regulated output of 12V, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc. Efficiency is typically 85% at full load, depending on input/output configuration.
The units are fully encapsulated with a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound with a UL94V-0 flammability rating and meet environmental criteria as requested in MIL-810C, D. This ensures protection from high levels of shock and vibration, and from moisture and other contaminants. Cooling by conduction and convection enable operation over a -40°C to +70°C for full specificaiton (no derating).
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manuacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway grade power conversion solutions. Almost all of our designs can be customized to meet your requirements Contact us.
- Railway quality dc-dc converter – EN50155 compliant;
- RIA12 input voltage withstand capacity (3.5Vn for 20msec);
- Full encapsulated with thermally conductive silicon potting compound;
- Input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc, 110Vdc (EN50155 ranges) ;
- Output: 12V, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Cooling: conduction and natural convection;
- -40°C to +70°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- P59 enclosure: 360 x 160 x 90 mm (14.2″ x 6.3″ x 3.5″ )
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd