Railway Power Supply Solutions
ABSOPULSE designs and manufactures an extensive range of railway power supply solutions. Our railway converters power on-board and track-side electronic systems in railway projects around the world. They are installed in mass transit vehicles such as trams, metros and light rail, mining locomotives and in an extensive range of trackside equipment.
Our railway quality power conversion products include DC-DC power converters, AC-DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers and DC-AC sine wave inverters. All of our products are designed for a long operational life in severe environments – our first major railway project was in 1985 and the original units are still in operation.
Typical applications include for our railway converters include:
- signalling and communication systems;
- wireless connectivity solutions;
- GPS tracking systems;
- video surveillance and security systems;
- passenger information display systems;
- customer entertainment systems;
- train control and monitoring systems;
- traction control systems;
- door control systems;
- headlamp and tail light systems.
Railway standard compliance
ABSOPULSE railway power supplies are designed to meet all required rail-specific standards. If you require a standard not on our list below, please let us know.
- EN50155 (Voltage Variations);
- EN61000-4-2 (ESD);
- EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity);
- EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients);
- EN61000-4-6 (Conduction Immunity);
- EN50155 (Surge);
- EN50121-3-2 (EMI);
- EN55022 Class A and B;
- IEC71 and IEC61373 shock/vibration.
- RIA12 surge protection (3.5VN 20ms);
- RIA13 and RIA20 mechanical standards;
- EN45545 (fire safety);
Please contact us for compliance to any other standards that you require.
Rugged mechanical designs
ABSOPULSE power supplies are ruggedly constructed and can be customized for specific mechanical requirements. Standard mechanical packages and ruggedization options include:
- Chassis and wall-mountable units in vented conduction/convection or fan-cooled enclosures;
- DIN-rail and open-frame format available for many designs;
- Plug-in (Eurocard) format for modular power systems in 19 inch or 23 inch racks;
- Conformal coating and ruggedizing are standard;
- Full encapsulation (potting) in a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound with UL94V-0 flammability rating for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration, humidity, moisture, dust, salt, oil, insects and other contaminants;
- Enclosure in rugged, IP66- or IP67-rated waterproof, dustproof and explosion-proof die cast aluminum packages. These enclosures also protect internal electronic boards from condensation and the ingress of oil, salt, sand, insects and other environmental contaminants.
- Custom connections.