Railway DC-DC Converters, DC-AC Sinewave Inverters, AC-DC Power Supplies
ABSOPULSE Electronics designs and manufactures an extensive range of power conversion products for railway rolling stock, trackside infrastructure and other mobile applications. Our railway quality product line includes DC-DC converters, DC-AC sine wave inverters and AC-DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers.
Designed for a long operating life in severe environments, thousands of our power conversion products have been installed globally on mass transit vehicles such as trams, metros and light rail, mining locomotives, as well as in trackside equipment. Our first major railway project was in 1985; the original units are still in operation today.
- Signalling and communication systems;
- Wireless connectivity solutions;
- GPS tracking systems;
- Video surveillance and security systems
- Passenger information display systems;
- Customer entertainment systems;
- Train control and monitoring systems;
- Traction control systems;
- Door control systems;
- Headlamp and tail light systems.
Railway standard compliance
ABSOPULSE railway power supplies are designed to meet all required rail-specific standards. If you require a standard not on our list below, please let us know.
- EN50155 (Voltage Variations);
- EN61000-4-2 (ESD);
- EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity);
- EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients);
- EN61000-4-6 (Conduction Immunity);
- EN50155 (Surge);
- EN50121-3-2 (EMI);
- IEC71 and IEC61373 shock/vibration.
- RIA12 surge protection (3.5VN 20ms);
- RIA13 and RIA20 mechanical standards;
- EN45545 (fire safety).
Please contact us for compliance with any other standards that you require.
Rugged mechanical designs
ABSOPULSE power supplies are ruggedly constructed and can be customized for specific mechanical requirements. Standard mechanical packages and ruggedization options include:
- Chassis and wall-mountable units in vented conduction/convection or fan-cooled enclosures;
- DIN-rail and open-frame format available for many designs;
- Plug-in (Eurocard) format for modular power systems in 19 inch or 23 inch racks;
- Conformal coating and ruggedizing are standard;
- Full encapsulation (potting) in a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound with UL94V-0 flammability rating for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration, humidity, moisture, dust, salt, oil, insects and other contaminants;
- Enclosure in rugged, IP66-rated die cast aluminum packages, which protect internal electronic boards from the ingress of water from powerful jets, from fog, dust, sand, oil, salt, insects and other environmental contaminants.
- Custom connections.