AC-DC power supply with active power factor correction meets EN61000-3-2 and EN61000‐3‐12 directives for low input harmonic distortion
ABSOPULSE Electronics has recently released the PFL 2K-E/110-F6W, a switched-mode AC-DC power supply designed for rugged 2kW industrial applications that require power factor correction (PFC). The power supply uses field-proven PFQ 900 technology to deliver a compact, light-weight, cost-effective solution with high system reliability and power efficiency.
The PFL 2K-E/110-F6W unit employs active power factor correction to convert 230Vac (195-264Vac operating range) to an 110Vdc/18A single output. Custom input/output voltages are available on request. The power supply complies with EN61000-3-2 and EN61000‐3‐12 directives for low input harmonic distortion. Power Factor is better than 0.97 at full load for the entire input range. Hold-up time is 5ms min at nominal input for 5% drop of the output voltage. An optional built-in redundancy diode allows parallel connection to achieve higher output power, N+1 redundant operation or back-up battery connection. The unit includes an output fail alarm, with Form C contacts available as an option.
The AC-DC PFC-input power supply is designed for compliance with EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent safety standards. Filtering on the input and output contributes to low output ripple and noise. The input meets EN55032 Class A with wide margins with Class B available as an option. Electronic protection includes 4300Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting, output current limiting with short-circuit protection, output over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown in case of insufficient cooling.
Cooling is by high quality built-in fans with which draw air into the unit, and by additional conduction via the baseplate which provide sufficient cooling for operation over a 0°C to +50°C temperature range for full specification without derating. Wider temperature ranges are available on request. All heat generating components are installed on aluminum heatsink blocks which are thermally connected to the base plate. This also ensures exceptional mechanical ruggedness.
Built on a single PCB, the power supply is low profile (65 mm); the compact unit measures 254 x 65 x 349 mm. Ruggedized for resistance to shock and vibration, the power supply meets IEC 61373 Cat 1 A&B. Conformal coating ensures protection from humidity and airborne contaminants.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specializing in the design and manufacture of an extensive range of custom railway and industrial quality power conversion solutions. All existing designs can be modified to meet your application requirements. Please get in touch with us to discuss a solution.
Key PFL 2K-E/110-F6W Specifications
- 2000W continuous output power;
- Input: 230Vac, 47-63Hz, 195-264Vac operating range or custom;
- Active power factor correction (PFC) on input;
- Complies with EN61000-3-2 and EN61000‐3‐12 directives for low input harmonic distortion;
- Isolation: 4300Vdc input/output;
- Input meets EN55032 Class A with wide margins;
- Cooling by high quality internal fans;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temperature range – no derating;
- Designed to meet EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent safety standards;
- Compact construction: 254 x 65 x 349 mm;
- Ruggedized: resistance to shock & vibration (IEC 61373 Cat 1 A&B);
- Conformal coating;
- MTBF 110,000 hours at 45°C (fans excluded);
- 86% efficiency at full load depending on input/output;
- Full electronic protection;
- F6W chassis: 254 x 65 x 349 mm (10″ x 2.6″ x 13.75″).
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd