Designed and built with full IP66 protection for operation in severe environments.
ABSOPULSE Electronics′ HBC 65-D3-IP66 Series offers a waterproof, dust-proof, oil-proof power supply solution with wide input ranges for heavy-duty industrial, mining, marine, military, oil & gas and transportation environments.The HBC 65-D3-IP66 power supplies are packaged in a rugged die cast aluminum IP66 enclosure with sealed circular connectors. Cable glands, MIL and other connections are also available. They are also protected from the ingress of water, humidity, sand, oil, salt, fog, insects and other environmental contaminants. The internal power supply unit is ruggedized for increased immunity to high levels of shock and vibration, and the internal boards are conformal coated.
Cooling is by internal conduction to the walls of the IP66 enclosure and by surface convection. This enables operation within a -25°C to +55°C temperature range for full specification. Installing the unit on a heatsinking surface significantly improves cooling and achieves higher output power.
The series accepts either AC- or DC- inputs with wide input ranges. These include 115Vac (95–132Vac range), 230Vac (190–264Vac range), 250Vdc (210–290Vdc range), 300Vdc (250–350Vdc range) or custom.
The supplies utilize advanced field-proven topology to deliver 300W continuous output without the need for cooling fans. Typical output voltages include 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 125Vdc or custom. Efficiency is load dependent, typically 80% at full load. An optional built-in redundancy diode allows for parallel and N+1 operation. An output fail alarm is also available as an option.
Heavy filtering on the output results in very low output ripple and noise and prevents interference with sensitive electronic equipment. Electronic protection includes 4300Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting and reverse polarity protection. Overvoltage protection is provided by a second regulator loop which is completely stable and independent of the main loop; in case of failure of the main loop, the unit continues to operate at the output voltage determined by the second loop. The units comply with EN60950-1 and corresponding UL and CSA international safety standards.
We offer a broad range of power supplies in IP rated (NEMA rated) enclosures that are not listed on our website. Ask us about a solution for your requirements.
- Industrial quality ac-dc or dc-dc power conversion;
- Waterproof IP66 package – protection from moisture, sand, dust, oil, insects etc.;
- Connector: Sealed, circular, cable glands, MIL or custom;
- Heavily ruggedized and conformal coated internal modules;
- Operating temp range without derating: -25°C to +55°C. Wider ranges available;
- Nominal inputs: 115Vac, 230Vac, 250Vdc, 300Vdc – with wide input ranges;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 125Vdc, or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% from zero load to full load;
- EMI: EN55022 Class A with margins;
- Conduction and convection cooled;
- D3 chassis: 406 x 160 x 94 mm (16” x 6.3” x 3.7”) – L x W x H – dimensions include baseplate.