ABSOPULSE Electronics PFC 65R-D3 series of rugged IP66-rated railway quality AC-DC power supplies with active PFC-input deliver up to 300W output power.
The PFC 65R-D3 railway power supplies deliver up to 300W output power. They employ active power factor correction (PFC) to convert a universal ac-input voltage (95V to 264Vac) to 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc. Custom input/output voltages are available. An optional built-in redundancy diode allows for parallel and N+1 operation. Other options include a Form C output fail alarm and remote shutdown.
The PFC-input railway power supplies comply with EN61000-3-2 directive for low input harmonic distortion. This design meets the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. With heavy filtering on the input and output, the converters comply with EN50121-3-2 electromagnetic compatibility requirements, ensuring that interference with the operation of other electronic apparatus is minimized.
The PFC 65R-D3 railway power supplies are packaged in robust, waterproof, dust-proof, die cast aluminium IP66-rated enclosures. The input and output are via sealed cable glands, circular connectors or custom connections. The internal boards are ruggedized and conformal coated for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration.
Cooling is by internal conduction to the walls of the IP66-rated enclosure and by baseplate to an external chassis or cabinet wall, with additional convection via the outside surface. If installed on a heat-sinking surface, cooling is further enhanced and the converters achieve higher output power. The power supplies have generous design headroom and are rated for operation over a -25ºC to 50ºC temperature range without de-rating.
The power supplies are suitable for operation in transportation, heavy industry, mining, military, marine and telecom applications where protection from the ingress of water from powerful jets, sand, metal dust, oil, fire and other contaminants is required.
Comprehensive electronic protection includes 4300Vdc input to output isolation and inrush current limiting. They also have rectangular current limiting, overload, overvoltage and short circuit protection.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an Original Equipment Manuacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway grade power conversion solutions. All of our designs can be customized to meet your application requirements contact us.
- Railway quality AC-DC power supplies;
- EN50155 compliant;
- Input: 95-264Vac universal;
- Comply with EN61000-3-2 directive for low input harmonic distortion;
- Output: 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc or custom;
- IP66-rated diecast aluminum package;
- Optional built-in redundancy diode allows for parallel and N+1 operation
- Line/load regulation: ±1% combined from zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Internal boards ruggedized and conformal coated;
- Cooling: conduction and natural convection;
- -25°C to +50°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization (option);
- D3 IP66 enclosure: 360 x 160 x 90 mm (14.2″ x 6.3″ x 3.5″ )
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd