Railway DC-AC sine wave inverters offer a waterproof, dust-proof, convection cooled solution
The RSI 100-D1 series of railway DC-AC sine wave inverters designed for train and mobile applications that require IP66-rated protection. Installed in IP66-rated waterproof, dust-proof die cast aluminum packages with sealed connectors, the inverters are also protected from the ingress of rain, humidity, sand, oil, metallic dust and other contaminants. The units meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock.
The RSI 100-D1 series uses microprocessor controlled high frequency PWM technology to deliver 100VA pure sine wave output voltage. The inverters convert 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges, to 115Vac at 60Hz or 400Hz, or 230Vac at 50Hz. Regulation is ±3% from no load to full load. The units are equipped with heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2. They also meet EN61000-4-2 (ESD), EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients) and EN61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). Other protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting. The MTBF is 150,000 hours at 45°C.
Cooling is by internal conduction to the walls of the IP66 enclosure and by baseplate to an external chassis or cabinet wall. Additional natural convection occurs via the surface of the IP66 enclosure. This enables operation within a -25°C to +55°C temperature range without derating. Full encapsulation of the internal inverter module in a MIL-grade silicon rubber compound is available as an option if wider temperature ranges from -40°C to +70°C are required. The internal boards are ruggedized and conformal coated to withstand high levels of shock and vibration.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway quality pure sine wave inverters. All of our designs can be customized to meet your specifications. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- 100VA Railway quality dc-ac sine wave inverters;
- IP66-rated diecast aluminum package;
- EN50155 compliant;
- Input: 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc, 110Vdc (EN50155 ranges);
- Output: 115Vac, 230Vac or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±3% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Internal boards ruggedized and conformal coated;
- Cooling by conduction to customer heatsink or chassis, and natural convection via surface of IP66 enclosure;
- -25°C to +55°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- -40°C to +70°C if internal module is fully encapsulated/potted (option);
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization (option);
- D1 IP66 enclosure: 220 x 120 x 80 mm (8.7″ x 4.7″ x 3.1″)
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.