ABSOPULSE Electronics has released the RWY 200-D1-IP66 Series of railway quality DC-DC converters. The units are packaged in watertight, dust-proof, rugged die cast aluminum IP66 enclosures with sealed circular connectors. The internal converter module is entirely potted with a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound for cooling and protection from high levels of shock and vibration. The converters are also protected from the ingress of oil, salt, fog, sand, insects and other contaminants.
Cooling is by conduction and convection via the walls of the IP66 enclosure. Operating temperature range is -40°C to +70°C for full specification. The total size, excluding connectors, is 220 x 120 x 80 mm (8.6” x 4.7” x 3.1”). They weigh about 2.5 kg (5.5 lb.).
The series meets the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. They are also suitable for operation in heavy industry, mining, marine, military, and other extreme environments.
The RWY 200-IP66 converters employ field-proven design topology to generate 200W output power. They provide 12V, 24V, 48V, 110Vdc or custom outputs. Nominal input voltages include 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 96V or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges. Efficiency is between 80 and 90% at full load, depending on the required input-output configuration. Line/load regulation is ±1% combined from zero-load to full-load.
The units meet EN50121-3-2 EMI, which ensures minimum interference with sensitive electronic equipment. Protection features include 3000Vdc input-output isolation, reverse polarity protection, overload protection and current limiting. Low component count, large design headroom, and the use of components with established reliability contribute to a high MTBF and low life cycle costs.
We offer a broad selection of power conversion solutions available in IP66-rated enclosures for protection from exposure to environmental hazards.
- Railway quality dc-dc converter – EN50155 compliant;
- In a rugged, watertight IP66 package – protection from water and dust etc.;
- Full encapsulation of internal modules – cooling, immunity to shock & vibration etc.;
- -25°C to +55°C operating range – no derating;
- Nominal input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc – EN50155 wide input ranges;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection – no fans;
- Dimensions: 220 x 120 x 80 mm (8.6” x 4.7” x 3.1”) – L x W x H.