ABSOPULSE Electronics has released the RWY 200-D1-IP66 series of railway quality DC-DC converters. The units are packaged in a rugged waterproof, dust-proof, die cast aluminum IP66 enclosures with sealed cable glands, circular or custom connectors. This enclosure also offers protection from the ingress of oil, salt, fog, sand, insects and other contaminants.
Cooling is by conduction and convection via the walls of the IP66 enclosure. Operating temperature range is -25°C to +55°C for full specification. The total size, excluding connectors, is 220 x 120 x 80 mm (8.6” x 4.7” x 3.1”). They weigh about 2.5 kg (5.5 lb.).
The series meets the requirements of EN 50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. They are also suitable for operation in industrial, mining, marine, military, and other harsh environments.
The RWY 200-IP66 converters employ field-proven design topology to generate 200W output power. They provide 12V, 24V, 48V, 110Vdc or custom outputs. Nominal input voltages include 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 96V or 110Vdc with wide EN 50155 input ranges. Efficiency is between 80 and 90% at full load, depending on the required input-output configuration. Line/load regulation is ±1% combined from zero-load to full-load.
The units meet EN 50121-3-2 EMI, which ensures minimum interference with sensitive electronic equipment. Protection features include 3000Vdc input-output isolation, reverse polarity protection, overload protection and current limiting. Low component count, large design headroom, and the use of components with established reliability contribute to a high MTBF and low life cycle costs.
Full encapsulation of the internal converter module with a thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound is available as an option for improved thermal transfer, and for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration.
We offer a broad selection of power conversion solutions available in IP66-rated enclosures for protection from exposure to environmental hazards.
- Railway quality DC-DC converters;
- Meet EN 50155 railway standards;
- In a rugged, waterproof IP66 package – protection from the ingress of water, moisture, dust, insects etc.;
- Full encapsulation of internal modules available as an option;
- -25°C to +55°C operating range – no derating;
- Nominal input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN 50121-3-2;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection – no fans;
- Dimensions: 220 x 120 x 80 mm (8.6” x 4.7” x 3.1”) – L x W x H.