Railway DC-DC converters offer a rugged, waterproof, dust-proof, convection cooled solution
ABSOPULSE Electronics’ RWY 200-D1(IP66) railway quality DC-DC converters are designed for train and mobile applications that require IP66-rated protection.
Installed in die cast aluminum IP66-rated packages, the converters are protected from the ingress of water from powerful jets, metallic dust, dust, fog, sand, oil, salt, insects and other environmental contaminants. The input and output are via sealed cable glands, circular connectors or custom connections. Application-specific vents for pressure equalization ensure that pressure inside the enclosures is equalized, that the strain on connectors is minimized and the environmental seal remains impermeable.
The RWY 200-D1 (IP66) converters employ field-proven design topology to generate 200W output power. They convert 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges, to 12V, 24V, 48V or 110Vdc or any other output voltage within this range. Line/load regulation is ±1% combined from zero-load to full-load.
The RWY 200-D1 (IP66) railway converters meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. The units are equipped with heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2. They also meet EN61000-4-2 (ESD), EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients) and EN61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). Other protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting. The MTBF is 150,000 hours at 45°C.
Cooling is by conduction and convection via the walls of the IP66-rated enclosure. Operating temperature range is -25°C to +55°C for full specification. The total size of the units, including baseplate, excluding connectors, is 267 x 120 x 84 mm (10.5″ x 4.7″ x 3.3″) L x W x H. They weigh approximately 2.4 kg (5.3 lb).
ABSOPULSE offers a broad selection of power conversion solutions available in IP66-rated enclosures for protection from exposure to environmental hazards. For further information, please refer to our IP66-Rated Power Solutions page.
- Railway quality DC-DC converters;
- Meet EN50155 railway standards;
- Enclosed in a rugged, waterproof IP66-rated package – protection from the ingress of water, moisture, dust, insects etc.;
- -25°C to +55°C operating range – no derating;
- Nominal input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- I/O connectors: sealed cable glands or custom;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection – no fans;
- Dimensions: 267 x 120 x 84 mm (10.5″ x 4.7″ x 3.3″) L x W x H.