IP66-rated Railway DC-DC converters are protected from the ingress of water from powerful jets, metallic dust, dust, fog, sand, oil, salt, insects and other environmental contaminants
ABSOPULSE Electronics’ RWY 200-D2, IP66-rated railway quality DC-DC converters employ field-proven design topology to generate 200W output power.
Nominal input voltages and EN50155 input ranges include 24Vdc (14.4-34V), 36Vdc (22-51V), 48Vdc (29-67V), 72Vdc (43-101V), 96Vdc (58-135V) or 110Vdc (66-154V). Single outputs include 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc. Custom input and output voltages are available on request.
The RWY 200-D2 railway converters meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. The units are equipped with heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2. They also meet EN61000-4-2 (ESD), EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients) and EN61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). Other protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting. The MTBF is 150,000 hours at 45°C.
Installed in D2 size die cast aluminum IP66-rated packages, the converters are protected from the ingress of water from powerful jets, metallic dust, dust, fog, sand, oil, salt, insects and other environmental contaminants. The input and output are via sealed cable glands, circular connectors or custom connections. Application-specific vents for pressure equalization ensure that pressure inside the enclosures is equalized, that the strain on connectors is minimized and the environmental seal remains impermeable.
The units operate within a -25°C to +55°C cold plate temperature range for full specification. Cooling is by conduction and convection via the walls of the IP66-rated enclosure and operate .
The D2 size enclosure measures 150 x 93.2 x 318 mm (5.9″ x 3.67″ x 12.5″) W x H x D; these dimensions include mounting flanges/baseplate. The RWY 200-D2 converters weigh approximately 3.6 kg (8 lb).
ABSOPULSE offers a broad selection of power conversion solutions available in IP66-rated enclosures for protection from exposure to environmental hazards. For further information, please refer to our IP66-Rated Power Solutions page.
- Railway quality DC-DC converters;
- EN50155 railway standards for electronic equipment used on railway stock;
- Enclosed in a robust, waterproof IP66-rated package – protection from the ingress of water, moisture, dust, insects etc.;
- -25°C to +55°C operating range for full specification;
- Nominal input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- I/O connectors: sealed cable glands or custom;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection – no fans;
- D2 (IP66) chassis: overall dimensions including mounting flanges/baseplate: 150 x 93.2 x 318 mm (5.9″ x 3.67″ x 12.5″) W x H x D.