The DCR 100R and DCR 150R are recent additions to ABSOPULSE Electronics′ line of rugged, railway quality dc-dc converters. They meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. In addition, with an input voltage surge withstand capability of 3.5Vn for 20msec, they meet RIA12, which is the general specification for the protection of traction and rolling stock equipment from transients and surges in DC control systems. The units have heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2 and EN55022 Class B conducted noise and radiated emissions. This ensures immunity to electromagnetic noise in the environment and minimizes interference with other electronic equipment.
The railway grade dc-dc converters offer a input range of 66-154Vdc (110Vdc nominal). The DCR 100R and DCR 150R utilize field-proven topology to deliver 100W or 150W respectively at 24V ±0.2V. Custom input and output voltages are available on request. Regulation is better than 1% from no load to full load across all line and load conditions. Efficiency is a minimum of 85% at full load at 24Vdc output.
Comprehensive electronic protection includes 3kVdc input to output isolation, inrush current limiting and reverse polarity protection by internal crossbar diode at the input. They also have rectangular current limiting, overload, overvoltage and short circuit protection.
The units operate within a -20°C to +55°C cold plate temperature range for full specification. Cooling is by natural convection and via base plate to customer heat-sink or chassis. When installed on a heat-sinking surface, the operating temperature can be extended to 70°C.
The converters are housed in compact, robust vented chassis which are heavily ruggedized and conformal coated to provide immunity to high levels of shock, vibration, moisture and other contaminants.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an Original Equipment Manuacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway grade power conversion solutions. All of our designs can be customized to meet your exact requirements contact us.
- Railway quality DC-DC converters – EN50155 compliant;
- Built-in RIA12 input surge withstand capacity;
- DC input: 110Vdc nominal; 66-154Vdc operating range;
- Output: 24V ± 0.2V/6Ac or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN55022 Class B and EN50121-3-2 EMI/EMC;
- -25°C to +55°C operating range – wider range available;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection – no fans;
- Dimensions of DCR 100R (100W), F0 chassis: 94 x 48 x 160 mm (3.7″ x 1.9″ x 6.3″);
- Dimensions of DCR 150R (150W), F1 chassis: 114 x 51 x 201mm (4.5″ x 2″ x 7.9″).