This new generation of high frequency PWM inverters delivers 500VA pure sinewave output voltage. They employ a new design topology and semiconductor technology that simplify the inverter circuitry and enable compact construction on a single PCB, low weight, and a competitive price compared with previous versions of the same output power.
The CSI 500-FX series converts a nominal input of 125Vdc (105-145V range) to 230Vac at 50Hz. It is cooled by conduction and natural convection and the chassis-mount enclosure measures a mere 153 x 67 x 357 mm.
The CSI 500F-FXW series delivers 115Vac continuous at 60Hz or 400Hz or 230Vac continuous at 50Hz and operates from 24V, 36V, 48V or 125Vdc power sources. This design is cooled by high quality internal fans and has a footprint of only 185 x 66 x 358 mm.
Both series are rated for operation over a 0°C to +50°C temperature range with no derating required. All heat generating components are installed on aluminum heatsink blocks which are thermally connected to the base plate. This also ensures exceptional mechanical ruggedness. Conformal coating provides protection against humidity and airborne contaminants.
The CSI 500-FX and CSI 500F-FXW units are typically chassis mounted. For 19″ rack-mount applications, the inverters can be installed on heavy-duty stainless steel cradles with 2U x 19″ or 3U x 19″ front panels .
The input and output on both series are filtered for low noise. The inputs meet EN55022 Class A conducted and radiated requirements, with Class B available on request. Efficiency is a minimum of 80% at full load, depending on input voltage required. An output-fail alarm (Form C) and remote shutdown or enable are available as options. The units are designed for compliance with C22.2 No. 107.1 – 01, UL 458 and EN/UL60950-1 standards.
Electronic protection on all models includes over-voltage, overload and short circuit protection, as well as thermal shutdown with automatic recovery. Large design headroom and the exclusive use of components with established reliability contribute to a high MTBF.
Both CSI 500-FX and CSI 500F-FXW series target industrial applications that require a clean, sine wave AC-output, typically in utility, telecom, transportation, industrial automation, and other demanding environments.
ABSOPULSE Electronics designs and manufactures an extensive range of rugged, pure sine wave inverters designed and built to withstand heavy-duty industrial and railway environments. Customized and fully custom solutions are also available.
To discuss these inverter designs or any of your power conversion requirements, please Contact us.
- 500VA conduction/convection cooled – CSI 500-FX
- Input: 125Vdc (105-145V operating range);
- Output: 230Vac or custom;
- FX package: chassis mount, 153 x 67 x 358 mm W x H x D
- 500VA FAN cooled version – CSI 500F-FXW
- Input: 24V, 36V, 48V or 125Vdc – fan cooled;
- Output: 115Vac or 230Vac or custom;
- FXW package: chassis mount, 185 x 67 x 358 mm W x H x D.
- Both conduction/convection and FAN cooled versions:
- Competitive price – the compact inverters are built on a single PCB;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temperature range – no derating;
- Designed to comply with C22.2 No. 107.1-01, UL 458 and EN/UL60950-1;
- Conformal coating for protection against humidity & airborne contaminants;
- 80% efficiency at full load minimum;
- Full electronic protection;
- Both FX and FXW packages can be installed on cradles with 2U x 19″ and 3U x 19″ front panels.