Rugged, waterproof, dust proof DC-AC sine wave inverters also suit transportation, mining, marine, military, oil & gas, heavy industry environments.
ABSOPULSE Electronics has recently released the RSI 300-D3 IP66 series of railway quality DC-AC inverters. The units are packaged in IP66 waterproof diecast aluminum enclosures with sealed circular connectors. The internal inverter unit is heavily ruggedized for protection from shock and vibration. The converters are also protected from the ingress of sand, oil, salt, fog, insects and other environmental contaminants.
Cooling is by conduction and convection via the walls of the IP66 enclosure. Operating temperature range is -25°C to +50°C temperature for full specification. Wider temperature range requirements can also be accommodated.
The microprocessor-controlled high frequency PWM inverters deliver 300VA with pure sine wave output voltage. They provide 115Vac continuous at 60Hz or 400Hz, or 230Vac continuous at 50Hz, regulated to ±3% from no load to full load. The dc-dc iput stage boosts the input voltage to a higher DC voltage, which feeds the dc-ac inverter to generate the required AC output. The inverter accepts supply voltages of 48Vdc (33-67V range), 72Vdc (50-101V range), 96Vdc (67-135V range) or 110Vdc (77-154V range). Other input and output values are available on request. An optional output fail alarm is also available for this design. Efficiency is typically 80% at full load.
The units comply with EN50155 railway standards. They have filtering on the input and output for low noise and meet EN55022 Class B and EN50121-3-2 conducted and radiated standards.
Electronic protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting, reverse polarity protection, output current limiting with short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown with automatic recovery in case of insufficient cooling.
We offer a broad range of power supplies in IP rated (NEMA rated) enclosures that are not listed on our webiste. Ask us about a solution for your particular requirements.
- Industrial and Railway quality dc-ac inverter with pure sign wave output voltage;
- In a watertight IP66 package – protection from moisture, sand, dust, oil, insects etc.;
- Sealed, circular connectors or cable glands;
- Heavily ruggedized internal modules;
- -25°C to +50°C operating temperature range for full spec. Wider ranges on request;
- Nominal input: 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc – wide input ranges;
- Output: 115Vac or 230Vac continuous at required frequency, or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±3%;
- EMI: EN55022 Class B and EN50121-3-2 EMI/EMC;
- Conduction and convection cooled;
- Dimensions of enclosure, excluding connectors and baseplate:
360 x 160 x 90 mm (14.1” x 6.3” x 3.5”) – L x W x H.
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.