High input voltage (1200Vdc), wide input range (1000-1400Vdc) DC-DC converter for power systems that transmit high voltage and high power over long distances.
The HVT 5K-1200/24-4U7 is a high input voltage, industrial quality DC-DC converter designed for driving low voltage 24Vdc equipment in 5kW applications. The unit converts a high input voltage direct current of 1200Vdc (1000Vdc to 1400Vdc range), to 24Vdc/208A. The input and output can be customized for other voltages. Conversion efficiency is typically 85% at 1200Vdc nominal input at full load.
Several HVT 5K-1200/24-4U7 units can be parallel connected for 10kW, 20kW and higher output power. The converter is typically designed into power systems that transmit high voltage and high power over long distances.
The high input voltage DC-DC converter is designed for compliance with EN62368-1 and equivalent safety standards. Filtering on the input and output contributes to low output ripple and noise. The input meets the requirements for EN55032 Class A with wide margins. Class B is available on request. This ensures that the unit can be used in EMI sensitive environments without additional filtering.
Comprehensive electronic protection includes 5500Vdc input/output isolation and 5000Vdc input/chassis isolation, inrush current limiting, reverse polarity protection, output current limiting and short-circuit protection. Low component count, large design headroom, and the exclusive use of components with established reliability also contribute to ensuring that the unit delivers many years of problem-free operation.
Cooling is achieved by high quality built-in fans that ensure operation over a 0°C to +50°C temperature range for full specification with no requirement for derating. Wider temperature ranges are available on request. The 176 x 432 x 419 mm chassis is ruggedly constructed and designed to withstand high levels of shock and vibration to IEC61373 Cat 1 A&B. Conformal coating provides protection against humidity and airborne contaminants.
To discuss this converter or any of your power conversion requirements, please contact us.
- Input: 1200Vdc (1000Vdc to 1400Vdc range) or custom;
- Output: 24Vdc/208A, or custom (e.g. 48V, 110V);
- 5000W continuous output power;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temp. range for full spec. (no derating);
- EMI: EN55032 Class A (Class B optional);
- Designed for compliance with EN62368-1 and equivalent safety standards;
- Conformal coating for protection against humidity and airborne contaminants;
- 85% efficiency at full load at 1200Vdc input;
- Full electronic protection;
- 4U7 chassis-mount: 176.5 x 432 x 419 mm (6.95” x 17” x 16.5”) excluding terminals and mounting L-brackets. 19” rack-mounting available
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd