The FC 2KP-EW/A Series modular AC-AC frequency converter system was designed to deliver a clean sine-wave output from ″dirty″ generator voltage under extreme environmental conditions.
This 2kVA AC-AC frequency converter converts a wide range varying generator voltage of 180V – 270Vac with a frequency range of 35 – 70Hz, to a stable 120Vac at 60Hz (or 230Vac at 50Hz), which is required to run control circuitry and instrumentation in earthmoving equipment. This design can be adapted to similar requirements for other heavy equipment vehicles used in mining, excavation and oil exploration environments.
The FC 2KP-EW/A AC-AC system employs field-proven, microprocessor controlled high frequency PWM technology, which enables compact construction and high efficiency. It is comprised of an AC-DC sub-system and a DC-AC sub-system, each housed in a separate low-profile, mechanically robust enclosure and mounted on a 508 x 69 x 914 mm base-plate. Conduction cooling is by base-plate which is attached to a heat-sinking surface. No fans are required.
To ensure immunity to the high levels of shock and vibration encountered in harsh environments, the internal modules in both sub-systems are entirely potted with thermally conductive MIL-grade silicon rubber compound. This also provides protection from high temperature, moisture and airborne contaminants.
Electronic protection features include 2250Vdc input to chassis/output isolation, over-voltage and short circuit protection with thermal shutdown and self-resetting. The system is filtered to meet EN55032 Class A conducted and radiated requirements with wide margins. It complies with C22.2 No. 107.1-01, UL 458 and EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent industrial safety standards.
ABSOPULSE offers an extensive range of industrial and railway quality power conversion products designed for operation in severe environments. These designs can be adapted to meet customer specified electrical and mechanical requirements. We also provide fully-custom solutions with short delivery times and low set-up costs.
- 2000VA Sinusoidal output voltage;
- Able to handle generator voltage;
- Nominal input voltage: 230Vac from diesel generator;
- Input range: 180-270Vac at 35-70Hz;
- Output: 120Vac/16Arms/60Hz continuous, or 230Vac/8Arms/50Hz continuous;
- Fully encapsulated internal modules for immunity to extreme environments;
- EMI: EN55032 Class A with wide margins;
- Full electronic protection;
- Efficiency at full load 80% min. depending on input/output configuration;
- Complies with C22.2 No. 107.1 – 01, UL 458, EN60950-1 and equivalent;
- Conduction cooled – no fans required;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temperature range at full specification (no de-rating);
- Total footprint: 508 x 69 x 914 mm.