DC-AC sine wave inverter for applications where suitable heatsinking surface is not available and only pure convection cooling is feasible
The CSI 1K-24/230-3XD3-HSF is a 1kVA addition to our line of heavy-duty, IP66-rated DC-AC sine wave inverters with pure convection cooling.
This 1kVA inverter is designed for applications where a suitable heatsinking surface is not available and only pure convection cooling is feasible. It is suitable for operation in transportation, heavy industry, mining, military, marine, telecom, and oil and gas applications where protection from the ingress of water from powerful jets, sand, metal dust, oil, fire and other contaminants is critical.
The CSI 1K-24/230-3XD3-HSF inverter is built with three power modules packaged in IP66-rated, D3 size die cast aluminum enclosures. A heatsink assembly is attached to the under-surface of each IP66 module, which is attached to a baseplate, providing pure convection cooling. Additional cooling is achieved by internal conduction to the walls of each IP66-rated enclosure, with convection via the outside surface. This enables operation within a -25 to +55oC temperature range for full specification without derating.
The 1kVA microprocessor-controlled high frequency PWM inverter converts 24Vdc (21-230Vdc range) input voltage to 230Vac continuous at 50Hz. Other input/output values are also available. Input and output are via sealed circular connectors, cable glands or custom connections.
The inverters are equipped with heavy filtering on the input and output, which contributes to low noise. This ensures that the inverters can be used in EMI sensitive environments without additional filtering. The input meets EN55032 Class A with wide margins.
Electronic protection includes 2250Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting and reverse polarity protection. The unit complies with EN60950-1, UL458 and corresponding international safety standards.
The internal inverter modules are fully ruggedized and the boards are conformal coated for protection from high levels of shock and vibration. Installing the unit on a heat-sinking surface extends the full power range of this inverter.
Depending on the target operating environment, our IP66-rated inverters employ application-specific vents which ensure that pressure inside the enclosures is equalized, strain on connectors is minimized and the environmental seal remains impermeable. These measures all contribute to the long-term reliability of the units.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of industrial and railway quality power conversion solutions. We would be pleased to discuss this design or any of your application requirements with you contact us.
- 1kVA rugged, industrial inverter – pure sign wave output voltage;
- Three IP66-rated diecast aluminum packages;
- A heatsink assembly attached to the under-surface of each IP66 module, which is then attached to a baseplate for pure convection cooling;
- Input: 24Vdc (21-30Vdc input range);
- Output: 230Vac continuous at 50Hz;
- Other I/O values available according to customer requirements;
- Sealed circular connectors, MIL connectors, cable glands or custom;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization (if required);
- Internal boards ruggedized and conformal coated;
- Cooling: natural convection;
- -25°C to +50°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- EMI: EN55032 Class A with wide margins;
- Three D3 chassis on baseplate: 406 x 526 x 94 mm (16” x 20.7” x 3.7”) -dimensions do not include heatsink fins.