The BAR 65-D3 series is a recent addition to ABSOPULSE Electronics′ line of rugged, IP66, railway grade dc-dc converters. With an input voltage surge withstand capability of 3.5Vn for 20msec, the converters comfortably meet RIA12, the specification for the protection of traction and rolling stock equipment from transients and surges in DC control systems.
This design meets the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. With heavy filtering on the input and output, the converters comply with EN50121-3-2 electromagnetic compatibility requirements, ensuring that interference with the operation of other electronic apparatus is minimized.
Nominal input voltages and EN50155 ranges include 24Vdc (14.4—34V), 36Vdc (22—51V), 48Vdc (29—67V), 72Vdc (43—101V), 96Vdc (58—135V) or 110Vdc (66—154V). Single outputs include 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc. Custom input and output voltages are available on request. Regulation is better than 1% from no load to full load across all line and load conditions.
The converters are enclosed in robust, waterproof, dust-proof, die cast aluminum IP66 packages. The input and output are via sealed cable glands, circular connectors or custom connections. The internal boards are ruggedized and conformal coated for immunity to high levels of shock and vibration.
The units operate within a -25°C to +55°C cold plate temperature range for full specification. Cooling is by internal conduction to the walls of the IP66 enclosure and by baseplate to an external chassis or cabinet wall, with additional convection via the outside surface.
Comprehensive electronic protection includes 3kVdc input to output isolation, inrush current limiting and reverse polarity protection by internal crossbar diode at the input. They also have rectangular current limiting, overload, overvoltage and short circuit protection.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an Original Equipment Manuacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway grade power conversion solutions. All of our designs can be customized to meet your application requirements contact us.
- Railway quality dc-dc converter – EN50155 compliant;
- RIA12 input voltage withstand capacity (3.5Vn for 20msec);
- IP66-rated diecast aluminum package;
- Input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc, 110Vdc (EN50155 ranges) ;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 110Vdc or custom;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% zero-load to full-load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Internal boards ruggedized and conformal coated;
- Cooling: conduction and natural convection;
- -25°C to +50°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization (option);
- D3 IP66 enclosure: 360 x 160 x 90 mm (14.2″ x 6.3″ x 3.5″ )
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd