High voltage, wide input voltage range AC-DC power supplies with active power factor correction meet the EN61000-3-2 and EN61000‐3‐12 directives for low input harmonic distortion
The PFHI 5K-3U7 series of high input voltage, wide input range AC-DC switching power supplies with active power factor correction (PFC) are designed for heavy-duty industrial applications.
The power supplies operate over a 340-460Vac AC-input range; 400Vac 3-phase (3 wire connection) nominal input. With available outputs of any fixed voltage 300V … 600Vdc, the units deliver up to 5kW continuous output power. Custom input/output voltages are available.
The PFHI 5K-3U7 units are equipped a built-in redundancy diode, which allows for several 5kW power supplies to be configured in parallel to create a 10kW, 15kW, 20kW or higher DC-power solution.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)
The PFHI 5K-3U7 units employ active power factor correction, which limits input current harmonics to achieve a PFC rating of 0.97 at full load for the entire input range. The power supplies comply with EN61000-3-2 and EN61000‐3‐12 directives for low input harmonic distortion. Hold-up time is 5ms min at nominal input for 5% drop of the output voltage.
Safety standards, EMI and electronic protection
The PFHI 5K-3U7 power supplies comply with EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent industrial safety standards. Filtering on the input and output contributes to low output ripple and noise. The input meets EN55032 Class A with wide margins. Comprehensive Electronic protection includes 4300Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting, output current limiting with short-circuit protection, output over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown in case of insufficient cooling.
The power supplies are cooled by high quality built-in fans and by conduction via the baseplate and are rated for continuous operation for full specification over a 0°C to +50°C temperature range. Wider temperature ranges are available on request.
Rugged mechanical construction
The PFHI 5K-3U7 units are ruggedly constructed and designed to withstand high levels of shock and vibration (IEC 61373 Cat 1 A&B); this ensures reliable operation in harsh environments. The internal board is conformal coated for immunity to moisture, humidity and airborne contaminants. The 3U7 chassis-mount unit measures 132 (3U) x 432 x 407 mm and the 3U7/19 rack-mount version 132 (3U) x 483 x 407 mm (H x W x D)
OEM of custom and customized power supply solutions
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of rugged industrial and railway quality power conversion solutions. We specialize in fully custom solutions. All of our existing designs can also be modified to meet customer application requirements.
- 5kW, 10kW, 15kW, 20kW or higher industrial AC-DC power supply;
- AC-input voltage: 400Vac 3-phase (3 wire connection);
- Wide AC-input range: 340-460Vac;
- Active power factor correction (PFC) on input;
- Power factor meets EN61000-3-2 and and EN61000-3-12;
- DC-output: any fixed voltage 300V … 600Vdc;
- EMI: EN55032 Class A with wide margins;
- Designed to meet EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent safety standards;
- Conformal coated internal boards;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temperature range;
- Forced air cooling by high quality built-in DC-fans;
- Ruggedized: resistance to shock & vibration (IEC 61373 Cat 1 A&B);
- MTBF 140,000 hours at 45°C (fans excluded);
- Full electronic protection;
- 3U7 chassis-mount: 132 x 432 x 407 mm, (3U) 5.2″ x 17″ x 16″ (H x W x D), or
- 3U7/19 rack mount: 132 x 483 x 407 mm, (3U) 5.2” x 19” x 16”; (H x W x D)
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.