ABSOPULSE Electronics’ new BPM 300-F0 is a compact battery presence monitor designed to indicate whether the backup battery is connected to the backup system in industrial applications. Without this unit, it is very difficult to detect battery presence in real time. This unit is designed for systems with 3A max battery current. It continuously monitors whether the battery is connected to the battery input terminal. If the battery is removed or the battery fuse is blown, it provides an instant alarm via a Form B relay contact. The BPM 300-F0 is connected between the battery and the battery terminal of the system. It is self-powered and does not require any further connections (2 terminals in, 2 terminals out).
The BPM 300-F0 battery presence monitor offers a wide operating input voltage range of 21V to 130Vdc, which allows operation from 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 96V, 110V or 125Vdc nominal input sources. The charge or load current is 3A.
The unit generates a very low amount of heat, so convection cooling is sufficient, even at operating temperatures higher than 50°C. The chassis-mount unit is ruggedized and conformal coated, and measures 86 x 48 x 155 mm.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). We design and manufacture a broad range of industrial and railway quality switching power supplies. Customized and fully custom.
- Input: 24V, 36V, 48V, 72V, 96V, 110V and 125Vdc nominal (21-130Vdc operating range);
- Output: the same as input/current limit 3A;
- Alarm output: Form B contacts, fail open;
- Designed to meet EN/UL60950-1;
- Full electronic protection;
- Efficiency at full load: 98%
- Cooling: conduction and natural convection
- Operating temperature range: 0°C to +50°C for full spec.
- MTBF: 160,000 hours at 45°C
- Ruggedizing and conformal coating
- F0 chassis: 86 x 48 x 155 mm (4.5″ x 2″ x 7.9″) H x W x D – chassis mount.
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.