ABSOPULSE Electronics′ FCP 300-FX series of rugged, industrial grade ac-ac frequency converters provide 300VA pure sine wave output voltage from a universal range PFC input (95V to 264Vac). The units are suitable for applications that require clean, reliable ac power in a broad range of environments including transportation, marine and industrial controls.
The ac-dc input stage boosts the input voltage to a higher DC bus voltage, which feeds the dc-ac inverter to generate 115Vac continuous at 60Hz or 400Hz, or 230Vac continuous at 50Hz. The output is regulated to ±2% from no load to full load and typical conversion efficiency is 80% at full load. Custom input/output requirements can be accommodated on request.
The frequency converters have filtering on the input and output for low noise and are designed to meet either EN55022 Class A or B, depending on application requirements. Active power factor correction minimizes input harmonic current distortion and ensures compliance with the EN6100-3-2 directive. The power factor is 0.97 at full load for the entire input range. The converters are designed to meet CSA C22.2 No. 107.1 – 01, UL 458 and EN60950-1. Comprehensive electronic protection minimizes the possibility of failure due to abnormal operating conditions, including application errors. Generous design headroom and the use of designed-in components with established reliability contribute to high MTBF.
The convection cooled units are housed in compact, robust 153 x 67 x 357 mm vented chassis. Heavy ruggedizing and conformal coated internal boards provide immunity to high levels of shock, vibration, moisture and other contaminants.
ABSOPULSE offers a wide range of industrial and railway quality frequency converters designed for operation in severe environments. These designs can be adapted to meet customer application requirements. We also provide fully-custom solutions.
- Sinewave output voltage
- PFC input with universal range
- Input voltage: 95 – 264Vac (Universal)
- Input frequency: 47 – 63Hz. 400Hz on request
- Output: 115Vac/60Hz or or 400Hz continuous, or 230Vac/50Hz continuous
- Line/load regulation: ±2% from zero load to full load
- Ruggedizing and conformal coating
- 80% minimum efficiency at full load
- Complies with C22.2 No. 107.1 – 01, UL 458, EN60950-1 and equivalent
- Conduction and convection cooled – no fans required
- 0°C to +50°C min. operating temp range – full specification (no de-rating)
- Total footprint: 153 x 67 x 358 mm (6″ x 2.7″ x 14.1″)