The FC 2K-3U5 series of rugged AC-AC frequency converters deliver up to 2kVA pure sine wave output voltage from 115V, 230Vac or a universal 95-264Vac PFC input. The units are suitable for applications that require clean, reliable AC-power in power utilities, industrial automation, mining, marine and transportation applications.
The AC-AC frequency converters are built with internal power modules. The AC-DC input stage boosts the input voltage to generate 115Vac at 60Hz/400Hz, or 230Vac at 50Hz. The output is regulated to ±6% from no load to full load; ±2% is available on request. Typical conversion efficiency is 78% at full load. Custom input/output requirements can be accommodated on request.
The frequency converters use field proven, microprocessor controlled high frequency PWM technology to deliver the required output power. The high frequency conversion enables compact construction, low weight, and high efficiency.
The units have filtering on the input and output for low noise and are designed to meet EN 55032 Class A with margins; Class B on request. Comprehensive electronic protection minimizes the possibility of failure due to abnormal operating conditions, including application errors. Generous design headroom and the use of designed-in components with established reliability contribute to high MTBF.
Built-in fans draw air into the unit and provide sufficient cooling for operation over a 0°C to +50°C temperature range for full specification without derating. Wider temperature ranges are available on request.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of wide range of industrial and railway quality frequency converters. These designs can be adapted to meet customer application requirements. We also provide fully-custom solutions.
- 2000W industrial quality AC-AC frequency converters;
- Input: 115V or 230Vac ±15%, 47 … 410Hz. Factory set for required input. 95-264Vac (Universal) 47… 63Hz input with PFC is also available. Consult factory for other inputs
- Input Protection includes inrush current limiting, varistors, internal safety fuse. Lower voltage than the specified minimum input will not damage the unit.
- Isolation: 2250Vdc input to chassis/output. Output neutral is connected to the chassis internally. Floating output as option;
- Standards: designed to meet C22.2 No. 107.1 – 01, UL 458 and EN 62368-1;
- EMI: EN 55032 Class A with margins;
- Output: 115Vac/17.3Arms/60Hz or 400Hz continuous; or 230Vac/8.6Arms/50Hz continuous. Output neutral is connected to the chassis internally. Isolated floating output optional;
- Output wave form: sinusoidal;
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5% at full load;
- Line/load regulation: ± 6% from no load to full load. A ± 2% load regulation option is available;
- Load Crest Factor: 2.5 at 90% load;
- Output noise: high frequency ripple is less than 500mVrms (20MHz BW);
- Output overload protection: Current limiting with short circuit protection. Thermal shutdown with automatic recovery in case of insufficient cooling;
- Output Overvoltage Protection: 140Vac (for 115Vac output) or 280Vac (for 230Vac output) by internal supply voltage limiting;
- Efficiency: Depends on input and output voltage combination. Typically 78% at full load;
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to +50°C for full specification without derating. Extended temperature ranges available;
- Cooling by high-quality built-in fans;
- Environmental Protection: Basic ruggedizing and conformal coating;
- Shock/Vibration: IEC 61373 Cat 1 A&B;
- MTBF: Min. 90,000 hours at 45ºC. Demonstrated MTBF is significantly higher (fans excluded);
- Control input: None. Remote shutdown as option;
- Alarm Output: none. Output fail alarm (Form C) available as option;
- Dimensions for 3U5 chassis mount enclosure:132 x 483 x 387 mm, (3U) 5.2″ x 19″ x 15.3″. Excludes connectors, fans, includes connection plates (H x W x D);
- Dimensions for 3U5 19″ rack-mount enclosure:132 x 305 x 382 mm, 5.2″ x 12″ x 15″. Excludes connectors, mounting L-brackets, fans (H x W x D).
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.