Railway DC-DC converters are convection cooled via a heatsink assembly block attached to the under-surface of the unit. No fans or installation on a heat-sinking surface required.
The BAP 319R-HSA-F4 series of convection cooled railway DC-DC converters use field-proven technology to deliver up to 500W output power. The units meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. They are also suitable for a broad range of heavy-duty industrial applications.
The railway converters are convection cooled by a custom-built heatsink assembly with fins attached to the under-surface of the unit. This ensures operation over -25°C to +55oC temperature range for full specification without derating.
The heatsink assembly can be mounted to a chassis or DIN-rail. The chassis-mounted option is ideal for applications in which a heatsinking surface is not available and convection cooling is essential. The heatsink assembly can also be mounted on thermally non-conductive surfaces such as wood, plastic and brick walls. DIN-rail clips are available for DIN-rail mounting.
Nominal input voltages and EN50155 input ranges include 36Vdc (22-51V), 48Vdc (29-67V), 72Vdc (43-101V), 96Vdc (58-135V) or 110Vdc (66-154V). With derating to 300W, 24Vdc (14.4-34V) input is available. The converters provide any DC-output up to 130Vdc. An optional redundancy diode allows parallel connection to achieve higher output power or N+1 redundancy. Other options include a Form C output fail alarm and remote shutdown.
The BAP 319R-HSA-F4 railway DC-DC converters are equipped with heavy filtering on the input and output and comply with EN50121-3-2. They also meet EN61000-4-2 (ESD), EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients) and EN61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). Other protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting. The MTBF is 150,000 hours at 45°C.
To discuss this converter or any of your power conversion requirements, please contact us.
- Input: 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72Vdc, 96Vdc or 110Vdc with wide EN50155 input ranges;
24Vdc input with derating to 300W;
- Output: any DC output up to 130Vdc;
- 500W continuous output power;
- Cooling by natural convection via heatsink assembly block with fins;
- Chassis-mount and DIN-rail mount options available;
- -25°C to +55°C operating temperature range – no derating;
- Complies with the requirements of EN50155 for railway rolling stock;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% combined from no load to full load;
- 80-90% efficiency depending on input/output configuration;
- Full electronic protection;
- Heatsink assembly attached to F4 chassis (HSA-F4): 132 x 106 x 386 mm,
(5.2” x 4.18” x 15.2”) W x H x L
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd