New IP66 rated inverters require no heatsinking surface for cooling
The CSI 500-D5H series is a recent addition to our line of IP66-rated DC-AC sine wave inverters that deliver up to 500VA output voltage.
The CSI 500-D5H sine wave inverters provide 115Vac continuous at 60Hz or 400Hz, or 230Vac continuous at 50Hz. The inverters accept voltages of 24V, 36V, 48V, 125V, 250Vdc (±15%) or custom. The use of high frequency PWM technology contributes to the high efficiency. Filtering on the input and output contributes to low output ripple and noise; high frequency ripple is less than 500mVrms. Electronic protection includes 3000Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting and reverse polarity protection. The units comply with EN60950-1 and corresponding UL 458 and CSA international safety standards.
The CSI 500-D5H inverters are designed for heavy-duty applications that require protection from the ingress of water from powerful jets, dust, fog, sand, oil, salt, insects and other environmental contaminants. The units are packaged in a D5H IP66-rated diecast aluminum enclosure with sealed circular connectors.
Cooling is provided by internal conduction to the walls of the enclosure and by surface convection – no attachment to a heatsinking surface is required. This enables operation within a -0°C to +50°C temperature range for full specification. Depending on the electrical requirements of the application, internal fans can be installed for additional cooling.
The sine wave inverters are suitable for operation in transportation, heavy industry, power generation and distribution, telecom, mining, marine, military and other extreme environments where a heatsinking surface is not available for cooling.
All ABSOPULSE IP66-rated units have application-specific vents that allow air to flow in and out of the enclosure while blocking the entry of moisture and contaminants. This ensures that pressure differentials do not develop in our sealed enclosures. When pressure inside the enclosure is equalized, strain on connectors is minimized, which contributes to the impermeability of the environmental seal and protects the internal boards. This contributes to the long term reliability of the units.
Please contact us and we will be pleased to discuss your requirements with you.
- 500VA industrial quality DC-AC sine wave inverters;
- IP66 rated diecast aluminum package;
- Nominal input: 24V, 36V, 48V, 125V, 250Vdc – wide input ranges;
- Output: 115Vac or 230Vac continuous at required frequency, or custom;
- Application-specific vents for pressure equalization;
- Sealed, circular connectors, MIL connectors or cable glands;
- Internal module ruggedized and conformal coated;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temp. range for full spec. – let us know if wider temp. range required;
- EMI: EN55032 Class A with margins;
- Cooling: conduction and natural convection;
- IP66-rated D5H enclsoure: 356 x 406 x 259 mm (14” x 16” x 10.18”) W x H x D.