The BHR 65-F3T is the latest addition to ABSOPULSE Electronics′ line of long-life dc-dc converters. The units are designed for heavy-duty industrial applications where the replacement or repair of electronic equipment is logistically problematic or costly.
The feedback system on the primary side employs a sensing-circuit rather than optical components, which significantly improves the MTBF over conventional designs. Large design headroom, 5000Vdc input to output isolation, very low component count and full electronic protection also contribute to the long operating life of the unit. The internal printed circuits are conformal coated, providing protection from effects of moisture. To ensure minimum interference with sensitive electronic equipment, the converters are designed to meet EN55022 Class B conducted and radiated requirements. All heat generating components are installed on aluminum heat-sink blocks that are cooled via baseplate to a heat-sinking surface and by natural convection; this provides sufficient cooling for operation over a 0°C to +70°C temperature range with no derating.
The converters operate from DC-inputs of 24V, 48V or 125V and deliver 300W of continuous output power without the need for forced-air cooling. A 12Vdc input version is available with de-rating. Outputs include 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 125Vdc. The isolated floating output can be grounded to either terminal, allowing for use in either positive- or negative-grounded systems, or may be left floating. Typical conversion efficiency is 85% at full load. The output is regulated to ±1% from 10% load to full. Non-standard input/output requirements can readily be accommodated on request.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an OEM of an extensive range of heavy-duty dc-dc converters designed and bulit to withstand harsh environments. Our designs can be customized to meet your application requirements. We also offer complete custom solutions.
- Opto-less, long-life, high reliability;
- Input to output isolation: 5000Vdc;
- Input: 24V, 48V or 125V or custom – 12V input with de-rating;
- Output: 12Vdc, 24Vdc, 48Vdc or 125Vdc;
- Excellent EMI performance (EN55022 Class B);
- 0°C to +70°C operating temperature range (full specification);
- Line/load regulation: ±1% combined from 10% load to full load;
- Full electronic protection;
- Cooling by conduction and natural convection;
- Heavy ruggedizing and conformal coating;
- F3 Chassis: 132mm x 64mm x 300mm (5.2″ x 2.5″ 11.8″).