The BHT 319R-F4 Railway series and BHT 319-F4 Industrial series of DC-DC converters are designed for an operational life of over 30 years at high operating temperatures. Cooled by conduction and natural convection, the units deliver 300W continuous output power over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range without the need for derating. By eliminating optocouplers and electrolytic capacitors, the MTBF of the units is 240,000 at 45°C, which is significantly higher than in conventional converter designs.
The railway quality series, the BHT 319R-F4, meets the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock. The units accept an input of 72Vdc, 96Vdc, 110Vdc, with wide EN50155 input ranges. They comply with EMC standard EN50121-3-2. The industrial quality series, the BHT 319-F4, accepts an input of 24Vdc, 48Vdc, 110Vdc, or 125Vdc and meets EN55022 Class A EMI, with Class B available on request. The converters also meet the requirements of EN60950-1 and related industrial standards. Both railway and industrial series deliver a 24V, 48V, 72V, 125Vdc or custom output voltage.
Efficiency is a minimum of 85% at full load, depending on input voltage required. An output-fail alarm (Form C) and remote shutdown or enable are available on request. All heat generating components are installed on aluminum heat-sink blocks which are thermally coupled to the heatsink fins and cooled by natural convection. The internal boards are conformal coated for immunity to humidity and contamination. Robust construction ensures that the units withstand high levels of shock and vibration.
Electronic protection includes 3000Vdc input/output isolation, over-voltage, overload and short circuit protection, as well as thermal shutdown with automatic recovery.
ABSOPULSE Electronics is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) of an extensive range of railway and industrial grade power conversion solutions. We specialize in fully custom solutions. All of our existing designs can also be modified to meet customer application requirements.
To discuss these designs or any of your power conversion requirements, please contact us.
- Railway version – BHT 319R-F4
- Input: 72V, 96V, 110Vdc or custom (EN50155 input ranges);
- EMI meets EN50121-3-2;
- Designed to meet EN5015, EN 60950-1 and related standards;
- Industrial version – BHT 319-F4
- Input: 24V, 36V, 48V or 125Vdc;
- EN 55022 Class A with margins;
- Designed to meet EN60950-1 and related standards;
- Both Railway and Industrial quality versions:
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range – no derating;
- Cooling by natural convection and conduction;
- Conformal coating for protection against humidity & airborne contaminants;
- Heavy ruggedizing (option);
- 85% efficiency at full load depending on input/output combination;
- Full electronic protection;
- Both designs in F4 package: 130 x 64 x 353 mm (W x H x L).
Generic Data sheet – BHT 319R-F4 – Railway
Generic Data sheet – BHT 319-F4 – Industrial
Your requirements – Request a Quotation
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd