The HVI 2KR-3U3 series of high input voltage railway DC-DC converters deliver up to 2kW output power. They accept 750Vdc input (525V to 1300Vdc range), the traction voltage typically required for mass transit vehicles such as trams, metros and light rail and mining locomotives. The units are capable of 1700Vdc peak input. Single output voltages available include 24V, 36V, 48V, 110Vdc or custom. The converters meet the requirements of EN50155 for electronic equipment used on railway rolling stock.
The high input voltage converter units have heavy filtering on the input and output, and comply with EN50121-3-2. The converters also meet EN61000-4-2 (ESD), EN61000-4-3 (RF Immunity), EN61000-4-4 (Fast Transients), and EN61000-4-6 (Conducted Immunity). The design is verified for 5600Vdc input to output isolation. Other protection features include 4300Vdc input-output isolation, reverse polarity protection, overload protection, thermal protection and current limiting.
The converters are heavily ruggedized for immunity to shock and vibration. Cooling is provided by two high quality built-in fans. The units are rated for operation over a -25°C to +55°C temperature range for full specification with no derating required. Requirements for wider temperature ranges can be accommodated on request.
An industrial quality version of this design, the HVI 2K-3U3 series, is also available.
- 2000W high input voltage railway quality DC-DC converters;
- Meet EN50155 for electronic equipment on railway rolling stock;
- Input: 750Vdc nominal 525V-1300Vdc operating range;
- Input surge 1700Vdc for 100msec;
- Output: 24V, 48V, 110Vdc or custom;
- ±1% combined from zero load to full load including output separation diode;
- Efficiency: typically 85% at full load;
- EMI: EN50121-3-2;
- Meet EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-6 and EN45545;
- Internal boards ruggedized and conformal coated;
- -25°C to +55°C operating temperature range with fan cooling;
- 3U3 chassis: 132 x 187 x 381 mm (5.2 x 7.4 x 15″) W x H x D enclosure size without
terminals and mounting hardware. 19” rack mounting hardware is also available.
Data sheet – HVI 2KR-3U3 DC-DC converter (Railway)
Data sheet – HVI 2K-3U3 DC-DC converter (Industrial)
Your requirements – Request a Quotation
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd.