DC-DC converters in Eurocard (Plug-in) format for 3U (5.22″) x 19″ rack-mount power supply systems
The BAP 236-EH series of Eurocard (plug-in) DC-DC converters are designed for 19″ rack-mount industrial applications. The 200W units employ field-proven topology to deliver 12V/16A, 24V/8A, 48V/4.1A, 125V/1.6A or custom. voltages. They operate from supply voltages of 24Vdc (21–30Vdc range), 48Vdc (42–60Vdc), 125Vd (105–145Vdc) or custom. A built-in redundancy diode allows for parallel connection to achieve higher output power or N+1 redundant operation, including hot-insertion. A railway quality version of this design, the BAP 236R-EH is also available.
The Eurocard DC-DC converters comply with EN/UL60950-1 and equivalent industrial safety standards. Filtering on the input and output contributes to low output ripple and noise. The input meets EN55032 Class A with wide margins. Comprehensive Electronic protection includes 2250Vdc input-output isolation, inrush current limiting, output current limiting with short-circuit protection, output over-voltage protection and thermal shutdown in case of insufficient cooling.
The series is rated for operation over a 0oC to +50oC temperature range without derating, with natural convection cooling. Heat generating components are installed on an aluminum heatsink block, which is connected to the heatsink plate on the side of the module. This also provides exceptional mechanical ruggedness.
The BAP 236-EH compact Eurocard module measures 3U x 14HP x 220mm. Up to six BAP 236-EH modules are installed in a 3U x 19” rack-mount shelf. The shelf measures 3U (5.22″) x 19″ x 13″. The converters are heavily ruggedized and conformal coated and meet IEC 61373 Categories 1 A & B shock and vibration standards.
To discuss these designs or any of your power conversion requirements, get in touch with us.
- 200W, Industrial quality DC-DC Eurocard (plug-in) module;
- 200W, Railway quality Eurocard version available (BAP 236R-EH);
- Input: 24Vdc, 36Vdc, 48Vdc, 72V, 96Vdc, 110Vdc or custom;
- Output: 12V/16A, 24V/8A, 48V/4.1A, 125V/1.6A or custom;
- EMI: EN55032 Class A with wide margins;
- Line/load regulation: ±1% combined from no load to full load;
- Cooling: Convection by natural air movement;
- 0°C to +50°C operating temperature range for full specification;
- 3U x14HP x 220mm Eurocard plug-in module;
- Up to six BAP 236-EH plug-in modules are installed in 3U x 19″ rack-mount shelves.
Copyright © ABSOPULSE Electronics Ltd