ABSOPULSE Electronics′ DIO 120 Series of DC-DC converters were developed for powering electronic circuits floating on several kilovolts of operating voltage. They are typically used for high power gate drivers and similar applications in oil and gas, mining, railway and industrial environments.
The 120W converters accept a 24Vdc or 48Vdc input and deliver a single output of 12Vdc, 15Vdc or 24Vdc (5A current limit). Other inputs and outputs, as well as a built-in redundancy diode for parallel and N+1 operation, are available on request.
The DIO 120 converters are tested for corona (partial discharge) extinction at a minimum of 10kVrms and Hi-Pot tested for 20kVrms. The feedback system on the primary side employs a special sensing circuit instead of optical components, further enhancing reliability. Typical operating voltage potential between primary and secondary is 2-5kVrms. This value depends on the specific application and contamination class, and is limited by the creepage distance of 76mm (3.0″) on the PCB. Generous design headroom, 20kV isolation input/output and output/chassis, the use of transformers engineered with ABSOPULSE′s field-proven proprietary technology and comprehensive protection circuitry further contribute to the high MTBF.
These convection cooled units are rated for operation over a -20°C to 50°C temperature range for full specification. They are filtered to meet EN55032 Class A conducted and radiated requirements with wide margins and comply with UL 508 and equivalent industrial safety standards. The open-frame format has a footprint of 102 x 305 mm and maximum component height is 70mm.
- 20kVrms isolation input/output and output/chassis
- Corona free at 10kVrms
- Inputs: 24Vdc (22-28V range), 48Vdc (44-56V range) or custom
- Output: 12V, 15V, 24Vdc (5A current limit) or custom
- Feedback system on primary side uses no optical components
- -20°C to 50°C operating temperature range, for full specification
- 82% min. efficiency at full load
- Complies with UL508 and equivalent safety standards
- Convection cooled – no fans required
- Full electronic protection
- Total footprint: 102 x 305 mm; max component height: 70mm
- For powering electronic circuits floating on several kV of operating voltage
- Used for high power gate drivers and similar applications
- Typcial environments: oil and gas, mining, railway and heavy industry